Topics & Page content
Add a new topic
By clicking on the Add a new topic button ( ) you can add 4 different types of topics to your web site :
- web pages ( ): when creating a page TOWeb proposes to start with a basic presentation in which you can select the number of paragraph to start with as well as the number of panels in the sidebar. If you have images you can add them by checking the "use picture" option and they will be automatically added (1 picture per paragraph)
- Articles ( ) : sets of pages with a system of navigation links between them
- Albums ( ) that you can directly start adding them to a list
- Catalogs of products for sale ( ) that you can start either by providing a list of pictures (1 picture = 1 product) or from an XML or CSV products database or just from scratch
- Collection of web pages or items ( ) that will contain a navigation bar and page indexes to navigate among your pages or items
- Groups ( ) : automated front pages containing a brief description and links to introduce several topics
- Calendars to manage your events (events that can be linked to your topics)
- Site introduction/agreement page ( ) : a page that all new visitors will be redirected to when accessing your site for the first time
Add a paragraph
Use the Add a paragraph button ( ) from either the top left toolbar or using a right-click on your page to display the context menu. TOWeb will propose you to start your paragraph with a title, a text a additional object if needed and if you want to end your paragraph with a link button. Once added just make a double-click on it to edit and modify its content using the classic editor toolbar buttons (bold, italic, text colors, bullets, text alignment, ...).
If you want to display paragraphs in columns just change adjust their width and they automatically be displayed side by side (if your screen width is large enough otherwise they will be displayed to you as they will appears in mobile devices). And you want to center a paragraph change both its width and its offset.
With a right-click on your paragraph you may also move your paragraph before / after the other ones, duplicate it inside your topic (or another topic), add or replace an object into it (a form, a picture, a video, ...) or delete it.
For more information see also how to :
Add a sidebar panel
Use the Add a sidebar panel button ( ) from either the top left toolbar or using a right-click on an existing panel to display the context menu. A panel is a small paragraph placed inside a sidebar of your page behave like a paragraph except that you can not adjust its width nor aligned them side by side (all panels are displayed in the same column)
As a paragraph you can modify the content of a panel by double-clicking on it and from a right-click you can access to functions such as delete or add another panel to your sidebar.
See also how to :
Manage paragraphs as "Hidden" or "Not published"
From the "Topics" step, when you select a paragraph in a topic, you have the possibility to change the property "Display" of your paragraph. 3 choices are then offered:
- Visible : your paragraph will be visible for all users and internet search engines.
- Not published : paragraph will not be published. This choice can be very useful in different situations, for example if have a paragraph on one-off promotions or other events that happen only once a year. The choice of a paragraph "not published" can be used then if you do not want to make it public now, this without having to delete your paragraph and recreate it later on when needed. And this choice may also help you to prepare some new content inside existing topics of your site and continue to publish your topics without paragraphs not finalized yet.
- Hidden : your paragraph will not be displayed by web browsers but its content will still be present accessible and visible in the source code of your web page and also potentially usable by internet search engines.
When you choose either "Not published" or "Hidden", your paragraph appears with a shaded effect in TOWeb to remind you that it will not be seen by your visitors.
Timestamping of paragraphs
After selecting a paragraph in step "Topics", you can click on the icon ( ) "Date of paragraph" located in the section "Paragrapaph Layout" of the left side panel of TOWeb. You will then have the possibility to change the date and time of your paragraph but also to enable the display of a timestamp. The title of the paragraph must not be empty for the timestamp to be applied.
The blog of TOWeb is an example of page using a datestamp (created with TOWeb) that use a compacted display style called "Bubble" (displaying only the day and month with custom colors).
The customization of the colors and styles of the datestamp of your site is done from the step "Theme". To access its different options of customization, you need to click first on a paragraph title, and then activate the tab "Date" located below the treeview of the CSS editor. From there, you can select the styles, the size and the colors that will be applied to all the topics' title of your site that have a datestamp activated.
See also how to :