This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://www.lauyan.com (“website”) and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are the French company Lauyan Software Sarl (“we”, or “us”) and have our registered office at 16 rue du Général de Gaulle, 78120 Rambouillet, France. RCS : VERSAILLES 482.806.155 - APE : 5829C - VAT Number : FR24482806155. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
First of all, we collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website. In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username);
- Account details (such as username and password);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Traffic data.
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services.
Data transfers outside the EEA
We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, personal data may be transferred to the United States.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the European Union.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you have removed your account, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to have your personal data rectified, blocked or deleted if your personal data are incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated or processed unlawfully.
- The right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement on the website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at contactlauyan.com
Revised: May 22, 2018